Gac oil contains a lot of vitamins A, E, omega 3, omega 6, and fatty acids, so it is very good for all ages, especially weaning children who need to diversify cooking oils when preparing food for children. little. For babies eating solid foods, just mix a few drops of Gac oil into flour or porridge after processing. Older children or adults can add Gac oil instead of other oils when processing food. Discover how to make simple Gac oil with WorldFamousHub below!
Ingredients for Gac Oil
- 1 ripe gac fruit is about 1.5-2kg
- 1 liter vegetable oil
(If you want to darken the color, reduce the amount of oil or increase the amount of gac fruit)
How to make Gac Oil
- Cut the Gac fruit in half: the red seed part is removed with a sharp knife, keeping the red film around the seed; And the yellow rice shell, peel off the hard outer shell, keep the soft yellow rice inside.
- Put 1 liter of oil in a pan, bring to a boil, then put the red film + yellow rice in the pan, continue to boil over low heat and stir until the red film is dry, about 20 minutes. -30 minutes and turn off the stove.
- After turning off the stove, quickly remove all the corpses from the oil pan, discard the body parts. Wait for the oil to cool, take a sieve or filter to filter the rest to keep the oil clean. The finished product is a clear red-orange oil and you are successful.
- Store Gac oil in a sealed bottle at room temperature, avoiding direct light and heat sources. If you want to keep it longer, you can store it in the refrigerator.
Note : only use Gac oil when cooking dishes (such as baby food) or in the final stage for dishes that use oil (such as soups, stir-fries, braised dishes, etc.) . Do not use Gac oil to make oil for frying because it will cause changes in substances, not good for health. Good luck.