Google Street View is a great tool for discovering places you’ve never been before. Let’s learn how to use Google Street View with Worldfamoushub.com!
How to use Google Street View on a web browser
1. In the search field in Google Search, enter the address or name of the place you want to go.
2. You will see a Google knowledge panel containing location information and photos of popular places.
3. If the location has a Street View bulletin, you’ll see a photo labeled See outside.
4. Click on the photo to enter the Street View of that place on Google Maps.
You can also directly access the Street View bulletin about certain areas in Google Maps as follows:
1. Open Google Maps on the web.
2. If the browser has permission to access your location, it will open a map of your vicinity.
3. Now click anywhere on the map.
4. If the place supports Street View, you’ll see a geo-location card with the associated photo at the bottom of the screen.
5. Click on it to open Street View.
Alternatively, you can use Pegman, the Google avatar for Street View to explore places in Street View. Here are the steps to do it:
1. In the bottom right corner of Google Maps, click the Pegman icon.
2. Drag the Pegman to the area you want to survey.
3. Now drop it on the blue dots, place markers or blue lines to access the Street View of that area.
Once on the Google Street View map, navigating is pretty easy. You can try these steps:
1. When in Street View, the pointer becomes a forward arrow.
2. Move the arrow to any location and left-click again to get closer to a store or place.
3. Click LEFT MOUSE BUTTON and drag it around the screen for a 360 degree view.
4. You can open the Google Maps Timeline of a place by clicking the Clock icon in the top left corner of Street View.
5. Select any time point on the timeline to see how that location has changed over the years.
6. On the timeline, you will see a kebab menu. Click on it to Print the location. You can also choose Share or embed image to share that location.
How to use Google Street View on Android
Accessing Google Maps’ Street View feature from an Android device is as simple as this:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- In the Search here box, enter an address, store name, or place name.
- Tap the Search glass in the lower right corner of the keypad.
- Alternatively, you can select any location by attaching a pin to it.
- To attach a pin, hold for a while anywhere on the map until a red mark appears.
- Tap the small avatar on the left (show the Street View icon).
- Now tap the Split-screen arrows to maximize the Street View window.
You may not be able to find the Street View thumbnail after selecting some locations on Google Maps. However, these locations sometimes contain 360-degree Street View photos. Shop owners, Google Maps Local Guides, and visitors can upload panoramas of landmarks of interest.
So, if you don’t see the Street Vew thumbnail right away, tap the address card and scroll down to find the image with the Street View icon. If you see a photo with the Street View label, you can tap it to see the place in a 360-degree view.
You can also view the Street View system by selecting landmarks such as restaurants, schools, hospitals, hotels, etc. Then, find the Street View image with its logo.
Google Maps also includes a Street View Layer. How to use it is as follows:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- You should see a diamond icon in your Google account profile picture.
- Tap on the Google Maps layer.
- In the Map details section you will see the Street View layer. Touch it.
- Now close the layer drawer.
- You will see the Street View section along the blue line and above the blue dots.
- Tap any blue dot or line to open a Street View thumbnail for that location.
- Tap the thumbnail to explore that area in Street View.
Street View on Android also includes interactive controls:
- Swipe left, right, up or down to change the viewer.
- Tap twice in a row in any direction to move up the street.
- You can zoom in or out of the viewing window by pinching & dragging two fingers across the screen.
- Tap any location landmark to see more information.
How to use Google Street View on iPhone
- Tap the Google Maps app app to open it.
- Hold your hand for a while at a location on the map until its marker appears.
- You can also find a place or place by entering its name in the search field.
- Thumbnail Street View will appear if available for that location.
- Tap the thumbnail to open Street View mode.
- You can touch the Compass icon icon or swipe across the screen to move around.
- Tap Street View twice in a row in the direction you want to go.
Above is how to use Google Street View on computers and phones. You can refer to more places worth exploring on Google Street View. Hope the article is useful to you.