Today we are going to learn how to make homemade peanut butter with a super simple and quick recipe.
What I like the most is that it can be a healthy alternative for the little ones (and not so little ones) that replaces a little -only a little because deep down they are incomparable- to dulce de leche.
For this peanut butter you will need 4 ingredients that it has, there are 2 that are optional although I like to make it, both in this and in the other recipes. You will also need a blender or mixer to process the peanut butter.
Finishing up, I leave you with this unmissable video that will facilitate and sweeten snacks, breakfasts and desserts with this incredible peanut butter!
For a jar of peanut butter
- 250g of unsalted raw peeled peanuts (they can be raw, I prefer to roast them personally)
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- Half a teaspoon of salt (optional)
How to make peanut butter in 5 steps
Follow the steps and it’s ready
- Put the peanuts in a pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes until they are toasted. Stir continuously so they don’t burn (if they burn the peanut butter will be bitter). In the event that they have bought already roasted peanuts, we go directly to step 2.
- Put the roasted peanuts in the blender or in a container where we can use the mixer/minipimer. Add a teaspoon of olive oil, you can also use sunflower oil or any other oil, but olive oil will give it a special flavor. Remember that it is only a teaspoon since then the peanut will provide its natural oil.
- Optionally you can add a teaspoon of sugar or honey, and a pinch of salt. This is to taste, I love how it turns out with sugar and salt but if they only use peanut butter it will be delicious too. If this is the first time you try to make homemade peanut butter, you can prepare a little with honey/sugar and salt and another unnatural, then tell me which one you liked the most.
- We begin to blend, we start slowly to break up the peanuts. Every so often we are going to stop the blender and separate the mixture with a spatula, and then continue blending. We must repeat these steps until the mixture is completely creamy (it will take approximately 5 minutes) . This consistency of peanut butter is going to be given by the peanut oil itself, which is also super healthy!
- Finally we are going to pack. You can see this post on how to sterilize jars so that peanut butter lasts longer. And it’s ready, creamy and very rich!
How is peanut butter made?
Peanut butter is made by grinding roasted peanuts into a paste. Peanut oil is released from the peanut during the grinding process, giving peanut butter its characteristic spreadable consistency.
What ingredients are needed for peanut butter?
To make peanut butter, you will need: raw peanuts, oil, sugar (optional), and salt (optional).
Can roasted or raw peanuts be used for peanut butter?
You can use roasted or raw peanuts for the peanut butter, although I prefer to use roasted peanuts because they have a more intense flavor.
What is the difference between homemade and store bought peanut butter?
Homemade peanut butter is made from peanuts, oil, sugar (optional), and salt (optional). Store-bought peanut butter is made with peanut oil, salt, and sugar.
How long does peanut butter last in the refrigerator?
Peanut butter can last a long time in the refrigerator, up to 3 whole months. This is incredible news for peanut butter lovers all over the world.
Peanut Butter Properties
- Protein: It is a source of high-quality protein, which is important for the growth and maintenance of muscles.
- Fiber: Contains a lot of fiber, which can aid digestion and weight loss.
- Potassium: It is an excellent source of potassium, which can help regulate blood pressure levels.
- Magnesium: It is a good source of magnesium, which can help reduce stress levels.
- Vitamin E: Peanut butter is a good source of vitamin E, which can help improve skin health.
BENEFITS OF PEANUT BUTTER
Monounsaturated fats are good for the heart, they have fiber, magnesium for bone development, and potassium, an important mineral for heart function and blood pressure.